The Eugenides Foundation distinguishes as a non-profit foundation with mission to enhance the scientific, technological and technical education of the Greek youth and to promote science and technology to the general public. It was established in 1956, in accordance with the provisions of the will left by national benefactor Eugene Eugenides.
With a legacy of 67 years of contribution to society and the citizenry, today the Eugenides Foundation is an international acknowledged technological and educational multi-center. Fully renovated its function is based on the following main activities:
- The New Digital Planetarium, one of the largest and best equipped digital planetariums in the world, presenting digital shows and large-format films.
- Publishing activities in the fields of maritime, vocational and technical education.
- A library, with multimedia applications and distance learning technology.
- Postgraduate scholarships for students in scientific and technical fields.
- The new Science and Technology Centre, which extends within three floors and comprises of 57 interactive exhibits and specially equipped areas for labs, demonstration of experiments and lectures.
- Expanded educational activities and collaborations.
- A modern Conference Centre.
- A technology laboratory, the “UTech Lab”
The Foundation is administered by a board of three members, one of whom is always the serving Chancellor of the National Technical University of Athens.
In recognition of its multi-faceted contribution to the Greek society the Foundation was awarded the Gold Medal of the Athens Academy in December 1965.
Eugenides Foundation, 387 Syggrou Ave. 17564, P. Faliro
Prestige and significant experience in hosting Greek and international scientific and professional conferences, combined with the modernized and fully equipped facilities, make the Eugenides Foundation Conference Centre a point of reference and attraction for distinguished figures of the Greek and international scientific, technical and cultural community.
Over the past 20 years, the Foundation has hosted over 1400 Greek and international conferences and events and welcomed 470,000 participants.
In the context of complete refurbishment of its facilities in 2003, 2016 and 2018, new conference rooms were constructed equipped with the latest audio-visual media. Conference rooms, under the comparative advantage of the specialized staff, who meet all expectations of responsibly, respectfully and reliably organizing conferences, make the Eugenides Foundation the ideal venue choice for conferences and events.
The conference halls of the Eugenides Foundation are housed in a landmark building complex in the area of Paleo Faliro, on Syggrou Avenue, just a few minutes away from the centre of Athens. The visitor will find state-of the- art conference facilities within a remarkable environment distinguished by the elegance and simplicity of its architectural style. The buildings and technological infrastructure are complemented by comprehensive conference services, guaranteeing the success of any event.
Note that the Eugenides Foundation premises are accessible and friendly to people with mobility impairment and the disabled, while guide dogs for the blind are welcome.
How to get to the venue
Eugenides Foundation is located in 387 Syggrou Ave. in Paleo Faliro, just a few minutes from the centre of Athens.
Explore many options on how to reach Eugenides Foundation here